In this quick article, you’ll find a depth of useful information about California state – the 6th state on the list of all fifty USA states.
Colorado State Geography & Demographics
|State Size||Total (Land + Water): 104,094 sq miles; Land Only: 103,718 sq miles|
|Number of Counties||63|
|Time Zone||Mountain Time Zone|
|Bordering States||Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming|
|Highest Point||Mount Elber, 14,440 feet|
|National Parks||Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park|
Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve
Mesa Verde National Park
Rocky Mountain National Park
|State Population (2020)||5,773,714|
|State Population Density||55.7 people / square mile|
Colorado Official Flag
|State Amphibian||Western tiger salamander|
|State Animal||Rocky mountain bighorn sheep|
|State Bird||Lark bunting|
|State Cactus||Claret cup cactus|
|State Fish||Greenback cutthroat trout|
|State Flower||Rocky Mountain columbine|
|State Folk Dance||Square dance|
|State Grass||Blue grama grass|
|State Insect||Colorado hairstreak butterfly|
|State Motto||Nil sine numine (Nothing without the Deity)|
|State Nickname||Centennial State|
|State Pet||Dogs and cats that are adopted from Colorado animal shelters and rescues|
|State Reptile||Western painted turtle|
|State Rock||Yule marble|
|State Sport||Pack burro racing|
|State Tree||Colorado blue spruce|
Related: Full list of all US state nicknames
|Major Sports Teams||MLB: Colorado Rockies|
NFL: Denver Broncos
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NHL: Colorado Avalanche
MLS: Colorado Rapids
|NCAA Division I Schools||University of Colorado Boulder (Pac-12)|
Colorado State University (Mountain West)
University of Denver (The Summit League)
University of Northern Colorado (Big Sky)
The United States Air Force Academy (Air Force) (Mountain West)
Popular Tourist Attractions
- Arapahoe Basin: Ski area in Summit County, Colorado.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: Zoo in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Denver Art Museum: Museum in Denver, Colorado.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: Botanical garden in Denver, Colorado.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science: Museum in Denver, Colorado.
- Denver Zoo: Zoo in Denver, Colorado.
- Garden of the Gods: Park in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Hanging Lake: Lake near Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
- Keystone Resort: Ski resort in Keystone, Colorado.
- Loveland Ski Area: Ski area in Georgetown, Colorado.
- Maroon Bells: Mountain peaks near Aspen, Colorado.
- Mesa Verde National Park: National park in southwestern Colorado.
- New Belgium Brewing: Brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Pikes Peak: Mountain summit in central Colorado.
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Amphitheater in Morrison, Colorado.
- Rocky Mountain National Park: National park in northern Colorado.
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park: Amusement near Canon City, Colorado.
- Seven Falls: Waterfalls in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- The Broadmoor: Luxury resort in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Popular Iconic Colorado Foods
Colorado is famous for the following foods:
- Rocky Mountain Oyster
- Green Chili
- Colorado Lamb
- Colorado Style Pizza
- Palisade Peaches
- Bison (Bison Burger)
- The Slopper
- Olathe Sweet Corn
- Denver Omelette
- Rocky Ford Cantaloupe
Famous People Born In Colorado State
Nobel Prize Winners
- Edward Tatum (Physiology or Medicine, 1958)
- Willard F. Libby (Chemistry, 1960)
- John L. Hall (Physics, 2005)
- Paul Romer (Economic Sciences, 2018)
Pro Football Hall Of Fame Members
- Dutch Clark (Quarterback. Inducted in 1963)
Baseball Hall Of Fame Players
- Rich Gossage (Pitcher. Inducted in 2008)
- Roy Halladay (Pitcher. Inducted in 2019)
Famous Actors And Actresses
- Tim Allen
- AnnaSophia Robb
- Kristen Schaal
Summary of Colorado State Profile
Colorado is a state in the Western United States’ Mountain West subregion.
It includes the majority of the Southern Rocky Mountains, as well as the Colorado Plateau’s northeastern section and the western edge of the Great Plains. Colorado is the eighth-largest and most populous state in the United States.
Colorado’s population was counted as 5,773,714 people in the 2020 United States Census, up 14.80 percent from the 2010 census.
Colorado State Institution, located in Fort Collins, Colorado, is a public land-grant research university.
The Colorado State University System’s flagship institution. “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” is how Colorado State University is designated.
Even More Topics: